I got whiplash two weeks ago and i tipped my head back to drink water and i felt a pinching feeling in the back of my neck, pain on the left side of my neck, and i got a headache. is that a result of the whiplash or could i have hurt myself more?

Dr. Steven Simon
Whiplash: Most likely the damage has not healed completely, and due to the swelling and enlarged tissue, the,pinching with certain movements remain. Neck and head ache are typical symptoms of original injury and not new ones. Keep neck muscles aligned and well positioned, get massage, sleep with cervical pillow to maintain curve and decrease a side-bend compression. Use a soft collar while riding in cars.

Last updated Sep 22, 2020