South Africa

I recently got a blood test done . my blood tests came back with a high cholesterol, a high thyroid and prolactin. i am scheduled to visit a specialist very soon . my question is what is the next step in treatment . i am very anxious ?

If hi or low TSH...: The doctor usually checks the TSH level in the blood, and tries to make it a normal level. The doctor will adjust the treatment, to get the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and other hormones to go to normal levels, and to get the patient to feel well again. Be calm in the face of adversity. "High" level has no particular meaning without the whole story, which only one's personal doctor knows.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2020