VA

Took option 2 pill (ec) last month on the 15th of july, i started spotting a week earlier than my normal menstrual and then it became heavy and my period went off...now its august should i be late on my menstrual?

It can happen: Plan B or other EC pills can alter the menstrual bleeding for the cycle in which Plan B was taken, and sometimes the next cycle. One should be sure to check a home pregnancy test about 3 weeks after sex, because emergency contraception pills work most of the time, but not all the time. One should choose a Plan A (a reliable contraceptive method to use all the time), to avoid the need for EC pills.

Last updated Aug 29, 2020