Hi. my son got up on the kitchen counter while i was going to the bathroom and when i came out he was scrubbing his leg with the magic eraser that was on the sink. now it's very bright red and kind of swollen. it's not weeping or bleeding but ????

Dr. Brenainn Flanagan
Monitor Site: Likely he has something called contact dermatitis or even just an abrashion from that awesome magic eraser. It kind of resembles a rug burn. I would honestly just keep an eye on it, not topical treatment at this point but monitor for blisters, worsening or spreading redness around the original area.

Last updated Aug 11, 2020