I have been having headache that comes and go. can i go for covid 19 test?i haven't been expose to anyone who has covid-19

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Dalton Ebel answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

Low Risk: If your only symptom is a headache you are likely Low risk for Covid unless you have known exposure. Would be great to take your temperature or if you have been feeling a fever. If you have not had shortness of breath, cough, change in taste/smell, or any other symptoms you probably do not need COVID-19 testing. Make sure to drink lots of fluids.

Answered 7/9/2020

62 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

COVID 19: If you only have this one sx, that lessens the chance that this is due to COVID 19. But one can also be infected with COVID 19 with no symptoms. Monitor for COVID 19 Sx's may include fever, cough, feeling tired, shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, chills, chest pain, nasal congestion, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.

Answered 7/26/2020

58 views