ZA

Ever since i got my first child , i gave birth natural after the stitches every time i go poo i am unable to fully wipe everything out...i get poo on my pantyliner no matter how hard i try to wipe it off. ?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Postpartum normal: During pregnancy, the body swells and areas such as the vagina and the anus become more relaxed. It can take up to 6 months for this to return to normal. Try wiping with a wet wipe instead of dry tissue. You can also practice Kegel exercises to tighten your anal sphincter. Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables (fiber) and drink lots of water. This will help keep your stool soft.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 21, 2020