My dogs had giardia recently, theyre better. i began having diarrhea around the same time. my doctor called in tinidazole to help me. im allergic to so much, afraid to take it. can keflex help against giardia? i hate eating due to the diarrhea, thx

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Giaradia Lamblia: Per CDC -. Effective treatments for Giardia: metronidazole, tinidazole, & nitazoxanide Alternatives include paromomycin, quinacrine,& furazolidone .I am not certain how effective Keflex would be.

Answered 6/8/2020

71 views

Dr. Randy Baker answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

NO Keflex, however:: There's NO evidence Keflex will help; it will disrupt your friendly flora and thus might increase diarrhea. Don't try it. While possible you'll be allergic to it,Tinidazole is safe and well-tolerated and allergies to it are rare. But you could also try 2 tbsp of papaya seeds (chew or grind and add to a smoothie) every 3-4 days for 4 doses;research proves it works. See https://tinyurl.com/y82aanay

Answered 6/8/2020

71 views