ZA

My vaginal discharge has a bad oudour to it, its watery and even worsens after intercourse. we do not use condoms with my partner as we are trying for a baby but everytime after intercourse it becomes even worse it can last for over a week or so?

Dr. Stanley Swaby
Obstetrics & Gynecology 27 years experience
Infection: It sounds like you have a bacterial infection called Bacterial Vaginosis. It's not a sexual transmitted infection and is easily treated with antibiotics. It's due to an alteration in the normal vaginal flora which causes the vaginal PH to rise. This may produce a discharge with a 'fishy' odor. See your doctor for treatment.

Last updated May 16, 2020