U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

After doing home pregnancy test and they positive. what is the next step? must you consult a gp or gynecologist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Start with GP: For the sake of your and your baby's health, you should be under the care of a doctor. See your GP and discuss with her/him if you should see an obstetrician. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.