A 25-year-old female asked:
Disclaimer

if 90% genital warts caused by strains 6 and 11, what are the remaining 10%? what strains? high risk or low risk?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
49 years experience Pathology
See below: There are more than 100 different stains of HPV. Not all of those cause disease. Visit these sites of more info: https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm https://www.fda.gov/consumers/women/hpv-human-papillomavirus Get HPV vaccine. Wish you good health!
Answered on May 16, 2020
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month

Related questions:

A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
29 years experience Dermatology
Only certain strains: of HPV are high risk for cervical cancer. There is no way to know what type he has unless you have him sent for testing.
1
1 thank
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Here are some...: Genital wart is specific for HPV-infected skin lesions. Known to us, one with one kind of STD has higher likelihood to have other kinds of STD coming ... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
57 years experience Family Medicine
No not all strains: Not all strains of hpv cause genital warts.But it can be prevented by hpv vaccine which is given to boys and girls from 9 to 23 years of age to preven ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month