ZA

my tonsil looks like it has split in half, is this normal? i often get tonsil stones and i remove them myself.

Dr. Klaus Appel
Very common: food and bacteria get trapped in the folds of your tonsils. sometimes you can dislodge them by pressing against the side with your finger or brushing them with a toothbrush, otherwise see a dentist. Prevent them by daily brushing/flossing and tongue scraping. brush your tonsils as well. Gargle with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Do not swallow. Peroxide may mildly degrade fillings etc...
Dr. Richard Thompson
Specializes in Travel Medicine
Probably normal: The tonsils, by definition, are very irregular and cryptic. You didn't say, but I am assuming you are <30 yo and healthy with no pain. If this is true, keep an eye on them and you will see them change over time. If you have symptoms associated you will need to see an MD.