U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Why is my child vommiting?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Can't say: To get the most from this site you need to provide enough background information on the issue that a focused response to any question can be formed. Does the kid have fever? Have you introduced a new food or beverage? Any family with similar symptoms? You are welcome to start over.Posts on this site are not linked so each must have all needed information.
Dr. Cheryl Coldwater
Pediatrics 38 years experience
Vomiting: There can be a lot of reasons- a stomach virus, something they ate, getting very upset, etc. If they are not running a fever or having abdominal pain, you may be able to stop the vomiting with small sips of clear fluid, such as Pedialyte, for the first few hours. If no more vomiting, give light foods like a plain cracker or dry toast. If more vomiting, see your doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 30-year-old female asked about a female:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A member asked:
2 doctor answers21 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 10, 2021

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.