I have a recurrent, painful swelling at the opening of my vagina, but i don't think it is a yeast infection. what could this be?

Dr. Craig Keathley
Cyst: Swelling at the opening of the vagina can be a Bartholin's gland cyst. When the duct becomes blocked, fluid accumulates. They can frequently become infected and cause an abscess with tenderness. Treatment usually involves opening the cyst to allow drainage and can be performed in the office with local anesthetic. Consult your physician for further evaluation.
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
Please see: Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options. This way you can find out what the cause of your problem is.

Last updated Feb 18, 2015