U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Spring Hill, KS
A 17-year-old female asked:

I'm a 17y/o female and i want to transfer to male. am i able to get a testosterone prescription without parent consent?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Doubt it: Any minor usually requires parental supervision & consent for medical in most states. Some allow treatment for STD's or birth control as an exemption.Those who leave home & are emancipated by a court action can make their own decisions. Some states are considering changes to issues involving gender, but these would be a local state issue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 36 years experience
Possibly: in Kansas, generally an individual less than 18 years of age is considered to be a minor. However, under certain circumstances, a minor may be permitted to consent to his or her own medical care and treatment. Summary of Minor Consent in Kansas -MMIC Groupwww.mmicgroup.com In KS mental health treatment can be consented for at age 14 So testosterone might be possible-but more to it than just med
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 27, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.