U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tucson, AZ
A 29-year-old female asked:

Ive had two miscarriages in the past. obgyn said i would need progesterone for future pregnancies. is it advisable to see a fertility dr, get a physical before trying to conceive again? i am also negative blood type.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Sounds like a plan: Every woman and man should get a routine physical every 3 years but more often if there are ongoing medical issues. In teens, we try to do annual exams. Miscarriages happen as a normal part of life. Some estimates are that 20% of pregnancies don't make it. However, after 3 (or maybe after 2) one's regular Ob-Gyn doctor can investigate. It's fine to get an opinion from a Fertility specialist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.