ZA

my 18 month old daughter has a rash on her neck and around the outside of her mouth with her mouth badly swollen. feet and hands are itchy and red as well. what is this and what can i do to help relieve the pain?

Doctor can examine: Such symptoms may be due to hand-foot-mouth disease, a common childhood viral infection causing fever, blister-like spots in the mouth, and skin rashes (especially palms and soles). Hand-foot-mouth disease is not the foot-and-mouth (or hoof-and-mouth) disease of cattle, sheep, and pigs. The two diseases are not related. Humans don't get the animal disease, and animals don't get the human disease.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Possible allergic : She has a probable allergic reaction, and please follow up with urgent care or your PCP. Provide one dose of an over the counter antihistamine for children, write down possible triggers such as a new food introduced recently, and watch for signs of distress.