ZA

hi,im 34weeks my bp reading is 140/80 and my feet and hands are swollen .should i be worried?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Swelling: I would let your provider know and it would be a good idea for you to be seen. I do not know what your BP has been running, however, if this is elevated from your known along with the swelling this would be concerning.
Dr. John Berryman
Blood pressure ?'s: A BP of 140/80 at 34 w of pregnancy can be caused by pre-eclampsia, and should be treated by your OB physician. See your OB for management as soon as possible.
Dr. Christine Hom
Blood pressure: Blood pressure in pregnancy is typically low, so higher BPs are of concern, especially later in the pregnancy. Please notify your obstetrician. Headaches or changes in vision would be of increased concern.