ZA

My ear is very irritated inside for a while now - it's burny and itchy and makes a lot of wax (white and dark brown/black the deeper you go - i use a special tool to clean), but it's never really painful. my throat is getting sore on the same side no?

Doctor can examine: A person with an ear infection usually has some pain or discomfort in the ear. Changes in the amount of ear wax cannot verify if there is or is not an infection. Excessive ear wax can hold moisture in the ear canal (after swimming, after showers) and lead to a "swimmers' ear" skin inflammation of the ear canal. A primary care doctor or ENT doctor can remove the earwax and examine the ears.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 15, 2020