U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I suspect i have a bladder infection. pelvic pain, painful urination. it started 4 days ago, i took citrosoda and used a-por viginal cream. symptoms seemed to be going but today they were worse. when should i visit a doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Exam needed: A urinary bladder infection is characterized by burning on urination and usually urinary frequency in small amounts as well as urinary urgency. Significant pelvic pain would be unusual. These symptoms warrant an evaluation as soon as possible with appropriate urine testing. If pelvic tenderness is present an ultrasound may be recommended, also. Untreated bladder infections can lead to more seriou
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 29, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.