Hillsboro, OR

i currently quit smoking on chantix due to surgery. i was told my blood test would still show cotinine because of the chantix, is this true?

Dr. James Okamoto
Nope: Chantix does not contain nicotine or any nicotine like products so it would not cause your Cotinine levels to rise. It also does not affect the pharmacokinetics (the way nicotine is handled by the body) so the nicotine would be excreted from your body normally. Congratulations on quitting smoking! It is the best thing you could do for your lungs/health!!!