East Alton, IL

mid urethral bladder sling placed 4mo. ago:cystocele repair. 10 days later back to o.r. due to retention. bladder sling loosened. fast forward. urodynamics showed obstruction. mesh removed; leaking urine constantly now; + stress inc.is this normal?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Surgery complication: You have had multiple surgical complications since your original cystocoele repair. Post surgery the healing process can cause a major change in the anatomy from adhesions & scarring when incurring multiple subsequent surgeries from complications and possible infection from mesh use. No, this is not completely normal and a 2nd opinion is warranted with a GYN MD Urogynecologist.