San Francisco, CA
A 38-year-old male asked:
drank water from a glass. noticed glass was chipped and missing piece. didnt feel glass in mouth, swallowing or in stomach yet. but wondering if piece of glass could of been suspended in water and swallowed, or would it be obvious?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
General Practice 40 years experience
Possibly swallowed!: Many things can be swallowed & pass right through your system like glass, coins, batteries, without any symptoms. However complications sometimes occur. Call 911 if gagging, inability to swallow, coughing blood, shortness of breath, vomiting or stridor occurs. I also suggest a general medical exam as soon as possible even in the absence of symptoms just to be on the safe side. I wish you well!
121 viewsReviewed Oct 31, 2019
Last updated Nov 14, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$15 per month
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.