Pakistan

My alt is 174 u/l whereas alkaline phosphate is 162u/l, albumin is 50g/l. is that significant. i have no appetite thats the only issue. no vomiting, nausea. my alt is always high since last 4 yrs after tb treatment. is it a worrisome or significant?

Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine 41 years experience
Yes: This reflects that there is something causing enough inflammation for these enzymes to end up in your blood at higher levels than normal. It'll take more information to better determine the cause of the inflammation. I'm not aware of persistent inflammation stemming from past TB treatments but only when actively taking some of the drugs.

Last updated Oct 24, 2019