I have a, what feels like a muscle strain in the left back of my neck. this is not going away and i have had this issue for about two months now. what can i do to get over this? at one stage it felt like it was clicking but now it is just painful.

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Neck pain: This may not be from any strain but may be a pinched nerve from an arthritic spur in a neck vertebra. A bulging intervertebral disc would most likely cause more symptoms. If turning your head towards the pain increases it, a pinched nerve is likely. If turning the head away from the pain worsens it, it favors a muscular problem. A neck xray may show a bone spur. See MD as needed.

Answered 9/17/2019

139 views

Agree with Dr. C: You may try exercise, any exercise that that raises your core body temperature and makes you sweat. Raising core body temperature will allow the muscles to relax. It may take a few weeks of exercise to see the results. You may take over the counter pain medication like acetaminophen.

Answered 9/22/2019

139 views