using a modified catheter (sets within my urethra) to hold open my sphincters to cause total incontinence. how long can it stay in?

Dr. Bernardo Rodriguez
Specializes in Urology
Urethral catheter: I dont understand the term "modified", but a regular urethral catheter in some patients could stay a long time, it depends the causes, and the goals of these treatment. The time recommended between changes from one catheter to another is 21 to 30 days in the case of regular "latex" catheters, on "silastic" catheter it could be change every two months. These to prevent bacterial colonization.
Answered on Jul 5, 2019