Chicago, IL

what can cause an intermittent lower right abdominal cramp like pain when straining? it happens sometimes but not all the time, what can be causing it

Dr. Tamim Khromachou
Specializes in Family Medicine
Lower abdominal pain: There are many health problems that can cause lower abdominal pain. Constipation, Gas in colon, hernias, muscle strain, urinary track problems, etc can cause lower abdominal cramps-like pain. The next best step is to see your primary care provider, so he or she can have full history and good physical exam. After that the provider may order some blood tests or imagine to specify the diagnosis.