i have a lump on my forehead which i thought was a cyst, but on further inspection from a surgeon, he suggested that it is a possible forehead osteoma. i would like to get it removed. where do i go from here?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Stanley Katz
46 years experience Dermatology
Plastic surg, ortho: make certain that it really is an osteoma. xray would prob confirm. when certain, then consult ortho or plastic surgeon.
Answered on May 9, 2019
1
45 years experience Pediatrics
Depends: Since most of us are located in the US, it is not clear what resources you have in your country. Be aware that surgery can remove an osteoma, but it can recur. I have known of plastic surgeons who approach them from within the brow line or hairline to hide the scar. A general surgeon may also do the procedure depending on local custom.
Answered on May 10, 2019
1