ZA

I have severe pain in my lower back and i am late for my period however i am not pregnant but did consult a doc 2 weeks back and he said i have a kidney infection. can this cause sever pain in my lower back / pelvis?

Dr. Peter Liehr
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
UTI lower back pain: Lower back and pelvic pain is completely possible due to urinary tract infections. Your kidneys are located in the lower back region. The ureters drain the urine down to the bladder that sits in the lower pelvis. Severe infections of any of these organs will cause pain along that pathway.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 7, 2019