San Jose, CA

last weekend had a moderate cold or flu today im feeling a bit better my nose is still stuffy & my throat hurts when i swallow but mainly on the left ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Sore throat: Usually a viral upper respiratory tract infection starts with a sore throat and then proceeds to a typical head cold, but occasionally that pattern is reversed. I still feel that your sore throat is due to a virus and not strep. However if the sore throat persists or worsens, a rapid throat culture is recommended to check for strep. Meanwhile gargle with warm salt water or suck on lozenges.