U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

What to do about anxiety and worry in my life? i also have ocd and schizophrenia. my anxiety was so disabling i accomplished nearly nothing all day.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Rita Starritt
Specializes in Internal Medicine
See a psychiatrist: Anxiety is a common symptom in OCD. To address this, you need to see a qualified psychiatrist who can treat the underlying condition. Anxiety is also common in modern life even for those not struggling with mental illness, but I would suggest that once the underlying condition is adequately treated, the anxiety will likely improve and then you can work with additional counseling and medications

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 8, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.