Chicago, IL

I just lay in bed, but get a nervous feeling in my stomach for no reason. i've been diagnosed with depression but not anxiety. do you know the cause?

Dr. Frank Kuitems
Anxiety : This Tight feeling in your stomach is of anxiety symptoms. Recommend you check with your private physician for evaluation Treatment
Dr. Donald Colantino
Stomach distress: There is a connection between the mind and stomach by way of the vagus nerve which, when stimulated. certainly can cause a queasy sensation feeling of unrest Another possibility is a side effect of medication. If this symptom is very bothersome, notify your physician.
Pathology 50 years experience
Exercise: You can help yourself by getting up and exercising, Daily exercise for 30 minutes is as effective for depression, as is medication. Get up and get going. Wish you good health!
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Digestive possibly: many people who have depression also have some difference in digestion. Consider removing the biggest offenders from you diet and see if it makes any difference ( won't he;p everyone). Dairy, wheat , soy, sugar, eggs.

Last updated Jan 8, 2019