Glendale, AZ

I think i have candida, ive tested my saliva and it looks like organisms are growing at the bottom, also my saliva sinks in water. do i need to go er?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Not ER.: You don't say if you have any symptoms. If you are short of breath, have severe pain or trouble breathing, you don't need to go to an ER usually. See your PCP to be evaluated. Remember saliva is full of all sorts of germs, most of them cause no disease. Get an exam to see if there is something going on that needs to be treated.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Provided original answer
Typo! If you are not short of breath, have severe pain or trouble breathing you don't need to go to an ER. If you have any of those things, yes, go to the ER.
Oct 6, 2018

Last updated Oct 6, 2018