U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I have open like blister sores..appeared suddenly... very sore, burn & itch. i googled symptoms and it says impetigo. would i need an antiobotic?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Maybe: Impetigo is usually a kid disease while pubertal skin changes make it less likely in adults. You may have a blistering skin infection or they may arise from bites or an allergic response. You can treat them initially by blotting with hydrogen peroxide (kills staph)/drying & applying an OTC antibiotic ointment or cream. If they persist or worsen have the issue evaluated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.