hi there, 7 weeks ago i had an injury on my ankle (torn ligament, piece of the bone chipped off) i am still unable to walk properly. i cannot walk up or down stairs without the aircast, is this normal?

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 30 years experience
A job for ortho: Ligaments connect bone to bone in joints and prevent the joints from bending in directions they shouldn't. For example, finger joints have ligaments on the sides so the joint can't bend sideways. Under stress a ligament will pull off the bone taking a small fragment with it seen on x-ray called an avulsion fracture. If it doesn't reattach in 6 weeks then the joint is unstable. See an orthopedist.