Dover, OH

on day 2 of difulcan for yeast infection also have rx steroid cream & i am still in agony when i pee. it burns so badly & feels so irritated i cant sit for hours after! im also on my period. any tips to help this? how long before i feel relief?

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
Immediate relief: You can purchase AZO Urinary Pain Relief® Maximum Strength from your local pharmacy without a need for a prescription. Start taking this medication for immediate relief . In the mean time call your doctor to get an electronic prescription from your doctor for urine culture and an antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin. You take the antibiotic after you submit urine to your doctor office or to the lab.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Reevaluation: Yeast should not cause agonizing pain. If you are in this much pain one has to question the diagnosis of a yeast infection. Steroid cream is not a treatment for yeast and could in fact make the problem worse since it lessons the immune response. Consider a follow up visit to reevaluate the problem.