i was put on a methylprednisolone pack for severe allergies, i finished the pack 3 days ago and now i feel dizzy and fatigued. is this normal?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
51 years experience General Practice
Yes: Your HPA axis got suppressed by taking methylprednisolone pack and gave you a secondary adrenal insufficiency. Prednisone given as a single morning pill can do the trick and made your dizziness and fatigue disappear. See your doctor preferably and endocrinologist.
Answered on Aug 14, 2018
Dr. Charles Turck
17 years experience Pharmacology
Not likely: Although the drug may cause fatigue, methylprednisolone is highly unlikely to be the cause because the drug should be gone from your body after fifteen hours. Some studies even suggest that methylprednisolone may treat dizziness. If the dizziness and fatigue becomes too much to handle or do not go away, consider visiting your doctor to discuss possible causes and solutions.
Answered on Sep 2, 2018