ZA

I'm 22 with height of 145 cm and i have a shoe size of 3 and some times under. i'm most concern about giving birth normal/naturally. what are my chances of giving birth naturally? will exercise help open my pelvis to increase chance of normal birth?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Unlikely: exercise can help ease the pelvic ligaments, but won't increase the pelvic width, it also depends on the baby's head size and position.Height below 150 cm can be in itself an indication for Caesarean section, however you can still talk to your obstetrician for trial of normal labor. Labor and delivery, is a complex process, many variables control it, and ladies with wide pelves still get C section

Last updated May 3, 2020