U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I am allergic to yeast. what alcoholic beverage is safe to drink? i know no beer, wine, hard ciders. any liquors or anything super filtered?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Need specialist : Real yeast allergy is uncommon and I would accept this diagnosis only from a full-time up-to-date allergist, probably wanting both a striking skin response and positive blood work. Such an individual would be able to use his/her encyclopedic knowledge of the contents of food to advise you. “Yeast allergy/hypersensitivity” as a diagnosis from any other practitioner — get a 2nd opinion.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 23, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.