Hi, my thyroid peroxidase ab level is 388iu/ml, free t4 total index 0.7, t4 total 2.7, tsh 0.63. i am currently taking a t3 med should i take t4 to?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Randy Baker answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

Yes: Sounds like your Free T4 is on the low side but besides labs this should also be based on if you have symptoms of hypothyroidism, but I put all my thyroiditis patients on both T3 and T4. I like patients to take enough thyroid to get TSH below 0.4. I highly advise reading the book Hashimoto's Protocol by Isbella Wentz.

Answered 6/16/2018

316 views

Dr. Zachary Veres answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Hypothyroidism: depends on how you are feeling and what symptoms you are still having if any with the T3. adding T4 is an option as well if you are still having symptoms.

Answered 6/25/2018

316 views

Why to take T4 too?: Are you symptomatic ? Is T3 not helping you? Your lab tests results show that you have elevated thyroid peroxidase ab level , low normal tsh, slightly low free t4 and total t4.

Answered 6/10/2018

316 views