U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

I have enhaled carbon monoxide i was sleeping in my car started feeling funny and paralysed woke up run out went to buy red bull now i feel very dizzy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 46 years experience
Get seen now: You are probably right -- many people do not know that carbon monoxide causes profound weakness by binding to myoglobin. Put down your energy drink and unless you're feeling much better, see if someone will give you a lift to an urgent care center.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 2, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.