Houma, LA

I have idiopathic slow transit constipation & suffered from this all my life. ive had 2 obstructions. i take 4, 17 gram doses of miralax daily. safe?

Dr. Dominic Mazzocchi
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Slow bowels: Morals in high never tested but as far as we know not absorb systemically there are several meds on the market that can help with your condition you should see your gastro doc for full evaluation colonoscopy etc as well some labs include thyroid check
Yes: It has been around for decades and was prescription before it was safe enough to go over the counter. You should include scheduled emptying at your convenience to assist your large intestine in emptying more effectively over time. The smaller the diameter your large intestine achieves over time the more strength it has to empty. The longer the poop stays in, the larger it becomes.

Last updated May 23, 2018