Had 2 teeth removed today & dentist told me stop taking my blood thinners for 2 days. 150mg pradaxa. is this correct. i had pulmonary embolism 2017?

Dr.
Check with GP: Warfarin does not need to be stopped for minor procedures like tooth extractions if the INR level is on the lower end of the therapeutic range. There is limited information about the use of dabigatran in this situation, but it can be assumed that a similar assessment of risk can take place. Please check with you gp for advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 6, 2018