i am 8 days late for my period checked to see if i am pregnant at the doctors two days ago and it came out negative could i still be pregnant i am so confused because it should not be this late??

3 doctor answers
Dr. John Berryman
54 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Period late: Urine tests for pregnancy are not accurate at only "8 days late". Get a serum HCG test if the urine test was negative in the doctor's office. The serum (blood) test is very accurate. Sometimes, ovulation is delayed (stress, illness, etc) which will delay the onset of your period.
Answered on Jan 17, 2018
1
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Probably Not: It is not uncommon for women to occasionally have their period come late, early, or not at all, due to several factors. If your last sex was at least 2weeks prior to urine pregnancy test, then it should be accurate. Otherwise you should repeat test. Take Care!
Answered on Jan 14, 2018
1
Dr. Brad Douglas
24 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unlikely: If you are late and a negative pregnancy test - you are unlikely to be pregnant - and there are many reasons for missing a period besides pregnancy.
Answered on Jan 14, 2018
1