I noticed that for several cycles, I have had pain for up to 5 days before my period. I found out that I had a cyst on my right ovary. Will things like heat and Midol help with my ovarian cyst pain? My ovarian cysts make menstrual cramps a lot worse.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Sure: Midol and a heating pad are certainly options you can consider. You may want to discuss treatment options for painful periods with your Obgyn. Birth control often helps with menstrual pain. Most ovarian cysts resolve on their own without treatment.
Answered on Jan 2, 2018