ZA

my period has been reducing by one every month. it was 27 days in october and 26 in november and now 25 in december. am very worried especially since we trying to conceive.is this normal? do i still ovulate? please help!

Dr. John Berryman
Menses cycle: The only fixed time in a menstrual cycle is the time between ovulation and the onset of menses, which is 14 days. Even in a "25 day cycle" , ovulation occurs at "day 11". Check ovulation by getting a "detection test" or a basal body thermometer from a drug store. Both will tell you when this occurs, but do your testing starting at day 9 if your cycle is "25 days".