U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

I have an elevated wbc of 14.2. my lymphocytes and my neutrophils are both high. what can cause both to be high?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Any symptoms?: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if you do not have any symptoms you may watch and wait. It may be your normal. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

Covington, LA
A 29-year-old female asked:

What could a high WBC with high neutrophils and low lymphocytes indicate?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Leena Varughese
Pathology 14 years experience
Depends: The answer depends on the clinical situation, presenting symptoms, and medications. I see that you are on Prednisone which can elevate the neutrophils in the blood. It can also be seen in a number of other scenarios including infection.
Last updated Aug 27, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.