NZ

I havent taken any codeine for weeks but it is still showing up in my urine results? no one believes me when i say i havent been taking it; help!!

Pathology 50 years experience
See below: Any opium product, e.g. Tylenol 3, poppy seed rolls can give a positive result. Some times the screening test is false positive. Visit this site for information on false positive results: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3505132/ For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr.
Unfortunately: Codeine is broken down to morphine like compounds and some are slow to get rid of these So can show up on as positive for opiates on the tests. May depend on the reason for the tests. Becomes harder if it is for justice or employment matters as legal protocol etc. and so may need lawyers etc to contest. If simple clinical test may need discussion with your treating docto
Dr.
Blood test: I presume that you are referring to a urine drug test. This will show traces of codeine for a long time. You could offer to get a blood test where they look specifically for a drug of interest which would show a more precise quantity and may help you to prove that you have not been taking it recently. This might be expensive though.
Last updated Dec 6, 2017