I have an open wound (freeze burn) and i have got my own feces in it (don't ask). it happened 3 hours ago, could it be infected now or later?

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 43 years experience
Yes it could.: Probably advisable to have it evaluated and cleansed and bandaged so this won't happen again.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. Nir Husanswered
General Surgery 17 years experience
Infection and wounds: Yes it can get infected. I would wash with room temperature water and soap. Otherwise keep dry. If you donot have iodine allergy it would be ok to paint it with iodine. Most importantly seek medical help depending on the type of burn it may require surgical intervention.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Burn: Clean the wound well with soap and warm water, pat dry and apply an antibacterial ointment like bacitracin. I think you'll be fine, but observe the area for development of redness- especially spreading redness and appearance of purulent drainage(pus).
Last updated Nov 9, 2017