U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Have had a pale brown mole/skin tag on my chest for years. woke up yesterday and it was dark purple/black. wasn't like that the day before. worrying?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Need Dermatologist.: Any change like this in a longstanding mole needs to be evaluated by a Dermatologist. Biopsy may be required for definitive diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 24, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.