ZA

i get a clumpy vaginal discharge once a month and also after sex. almost looks like wet toilet paper. what could this be?

This might be due to: recurrent yeast infections.

Should I be concerned about a bumpy crusting rash on my vagina while pregnant?

Dr. Patrick Weix
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: This should be mentioned to the doctor at the next OB visit. It may be nothing concerning, but one possibility for a "bump" that forms a small blister that then has a crust is herpes. Other possibilities can be infected hair follicles or yeast. If it is herpes, it could change your delivery plan or require antiviral medications during pregnancy.

What effects can chlamydia have while my baby is passing through the birth canal?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Infection: Pneumonia and eye infections can occur in the baby. Pregnant women are usually screened for chlamydia during the pregnancy so that they can be treated before delivery of the baby.

Should I be concerned about vaginal discharge in the 2nd trimester?

Dr. Aileen Caceres
Yes: If you experience vaginal discharge during the second trimester, this may be normal. It is possible that your discharge can be an infection such as a yeast or bacterial vaginosis infection. More concerning though, the discharge can also represent leakage of amniotic fluid that is surrounding your baby. Always check with your doctor if you think you are having vaginal discharge.

I had sex one day ago and I started to bleed a few hours after and my bleeding is a bright red em I pregnant or is that normal

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Probably not: Some bleeding after intercourse is not unusual. It doesn't represent pregnancy at all, but it also doesn't mean you aren't. If there is any question, take a home pregnancy test. As for the bleeding, it should resolve on it's own. You need to see your doctor if it persists or pain worsens.

I've been on implanon for like 1yr , & I didn't have my period at all just recently i've been having my period on regular but last month I got it twice and days after I have brown discharge ?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Expected: There is no normal bleeding pattern on implanon. That's how it works . Some have infrequent others more frequent. Either way it's ok.

Last updated Jan 27, 2021